This is a fascinating and entertaining interview.
Armen Chakmakian was born in Glendale and has lived his whole life here (except when touring with Cirque du Soleil or Roger Hodgson from SuperTramp). He loved the Glendale he grew up in and shares some of his favorite memories, favorite eateries as well as some history of Glendale that you’ll enjoy. Plus get Armen’s recommendations for 2 great places to eat and what to eat there.
You’ll also get to hear about his music career which began in preschool and continues to grow and evolve. He shares stories about waiting to use the studio in Marvin Gaye’s wife’s house in Burbank, a near catastrophe when playing for Cirque du Soleil, starting his own music label, his #1 debut, Malcolm in the Middle, advice for aspiring musicians…..and more Today we’ll get to hear about:
- How Armen’s music career started and how it evolved.
- What to order at Pecos Bill and Mario’s.
- When Glendale became more known for its restaurants and why.
- What Armen learned from some exceptional people who befriended him.
- Advice for aspiring musicians including how to deal with rejection.
- Why regular computers don’t quite cut it for recording and what he’s done to fix that.