Last year we saw horrendous fires all over California and even nearby. Glendale escaped last year’s fires but it made us more aware that we need to be prepared in case we aren’t so lucky this year. Or next year. Or at some point in the future. As Glendale’s fire chief, Greg Fish is tasked with make sure Glendale’s firefighters are able to help and protect us. He has their back so that they have ours. As a strong believer in education and prevention he takes every opportunity possible to share what he knows about preparing for a possible fire. Including this podcast. Today we’ll get to hear about:
- The 3 zones of landscaping for your yard including the good plants and the bad ones.
- Preparing your home inside and out (including what to do with your curtains).
- What to do if you are trapped inside your home in the middle of a fire.
- How to get certified to help during natural disasters.
- What you need to know about home fire extinguishers.
For information discussed in this podcast: