Habitat for Humanity has been helping underprivileged but deserving people become homeowners for years, but how much do you really know about what they do? The Executive Director for the San Gabriel Valley’s Habitat for Humanity, Mark Van Lue, shares some great information about what Habitat for Humanity does, how it does it and why. Today we’ll get to hear about:
- How Mark’s father built their home and how he was first exposed to the concept of people coming together to build a home for someone else in his own family.
- Habitat’s programs vs other programs which are strictly charity.
- The challenge of affordable housing in the L.A. area and ways Habitat finds to overcome them.
- What type of people qualify for help from Habitat for Humanity’s programs.
- How Habitat for Humanity has become involved in helping with post-natural disaster housing.
- Ways to contribute time, money or even items that can be sold, to help with Habitat for Humanity’s overall mission.
For information discussed in this podcast:
Habitat for Humanity’s website
San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity phone number: 626-387-6899