Golf courses and country clubs have an image of being for the wealthy, the privileged, for the elite. Not so at the Chevy Chase Country Club and golf course. When Nick, Vatché and Esteban spoke with me last, in episode 11, we talked about the journey they took in restoring the “Jewel of the Canyon” and their vision for it. Now we get to talk again but this time we dive into their innovative approach to both the golf course and country club models. Uber has innovated in the transportation industry and Airbnb in the hotel industry. Maybe it’s time for some innovation in the golfing and country club industry. Decide for yourself. Today we’ll get to hear about:
- All the exciting events and happenings since our last conversation.
- Why the Chevy Chase Country Club golf course is unique amongst Southern California courses.
- What do golfers comment so frequently on the greens being better than other courses.
- The innovative approach at CCCC regarding the use of the outdoor spaces for more than just golf.
- The swim team and its competitions.
- Other innovations such as Foot Golf, Paint n Sip, Music night, etc.
For information discussed in this podcast:
For tours and membership information: Althea Rowe, Director of PR and Membership – (818) 246-5566 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Chevy Chase Country Club Website
Chevy Chase Country Club Facebook Page
Chevy Chase Country Club Instagram Page