From an aspiring actress to a salesperson to a CEO. And soon to be President of our local Glendale Rotary. This is an incredible story of never giving up on the pursuit of your dreams, persisting even when all seems lost and how relationships are the most important thing in your business and personal life. Peggy is the CEO at David Smith, CPA and not only shares her very interesting story but also passes on some key tax advice from David. Today we’ll get to hear about:
- Why Peggy decided not to pursue an acting career after moving to L.A. but then how she just recently fulfilled that dream.
- How making long distance calls used to require an operator (real person) and how that all worked.
- Some key takeaways on how to be successful in sales without driving people away from you.
- What you should always do to avoid hidden tax consequences before making a major financial decision.
- The incredible difference that Rotary has made in the world – why Peggy supports it so strongly.
- The differences between L.A. and other areas when trying to make it in sales.
Resources mentioned by Peggy Smith in this Episode: