A shining example of a good education and supportive family, Shant Sahakian started his own business just as he was becoming a teenager….and that business is still running today. Interested in being more than just a business owner, Shant participated in the Leadership Glendale program and then spent years actively working with local charities that benefited children who needed help or were at risk. Going one step further while at the same time coming full circle, Shant ran for and was elected to the local school board. Now he not only works to ensure all children in Glendale schools get a good education but he also is making sure his young son will have every opportunity available to him. Today we’ll get to hear about:
- What additional training he feels the schools need to give students so they are prepared to succeed in the real world. (Why didn’t WE have this when we were in school?!)
- What parents, or students, can do if something with the schools needs to be fixed.
- How parents and Glendale residents can participate in making sure our children can get the best education possible.
- What can be done about bad teachers, plus how good teachers and staff are acknowledged.
- Good advice regarding college.